Monday, July 4, 2011

Review: Red Riding Hood

The blacksmith would marry her.
The woodcutter would run away with her.
The werewolf would turn her into one of its own.


Valerie's sister was beautiful, kind, and sweet. Now she is dead. Henry, the handsome son of the blacksmith, tries to console Valerie, but her wild heart beats fast for another: the outcast woodcutter, Peter, who offers Valerie another life far from home.

After her sister's violent death, Valerie's world begins to spiral out of control. For generations, the Wolf has been kept at bay with a monthly sacrifice. But now no one is safe. When an expert Wolf hunter arrives, the villagers learn that the creature lives among them--it could be anyone in town.

It soon becomes clear that Valerie is the only one who can hear the voice of the creature. The Wolf says she must surrender herself before the blood moon wanes...or everyone she loves will die. - From Goodreads


 
I'm going to go ahead and admit that I watched the movie before I got a chance to read the book. But I don't think that it really made a difference to how I felt about the book. I liked the book. It wasn't to exciting though. There were parts that I expected to me really actiony but weren't. Also the beginning is different from the way the movie was, which I find a little weird since the book is based off of the screenplay from the movie.

I really liked the setting of the book. It reminded me a lot of The Village, how all the people were afraid of the wolf. I really enjoyed the twist that was made on the folktale that we were all told as children. It was different and I liked it.

The book doesn't end like the movie does and because you have to go online to read the last chapter.

Rating: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)