Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Review: Raised by wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped? - From Goodreads



I'm a sucker for werewolves, so when I heard about this book, I just had to go out and buy it. And I'm really glad I did because I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

What I loved the most about this book was the way Barnes built the werewolf world. She gave us so much information and I truly felt like I was there learning to understand every rule and law the werewolves had. I also really liked Bryn. She was brave, smart and independent. She had spunk and I liked that.

Now, I don't know if I'm the only one who felt like this, but I didn't feel connected with Chase. I felt like his character needed more developing. I didn't understand his feelings for Bryn clearly. I also found some parts cheesy but it is a werewolf book so that should be expected. I also was just a tad bit confused at the end but it wasn't to big of a deal.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I am looking forward to reading the second book Trail By Fire.

Rating: 8


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)