Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Review: Matched by Ally Condie

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.


At first, I couldn't really get into the story. I was bored for the first 10 chapters or around there. Then once Cassia started getting interested in Ky it got a little better. From there is when things started getting more interesting and exciting.

There a couple things that I just didn't understand. One of them was why Cassia got so obsessed with Ky when she had been extremely lucky and gotten Xander, her best friend, as her match. One would think she would be extremely content with life and not want to ruin that. Another thing was why the society took their artifacts. I don't remember it being explained. Also, am I the only one who thought the society was a pretty decent place? I didn't think it was that bad.

I think the best thing about this book was the secret love scenes between Cassia and Ky. I don't know why but I love forbidden love. I just do. Every scene in which Cassia and Ky were being secretive and falling in love made me sigh. I couldn't get enough of those scenes!

Overall, I think it was a decent book and I'm looking forward to reading Crossed, the second book in the trilogy.

Rating: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)