Sunday, June 26, 2011

Review: The Outsiders

According to Ponyboy, there are two kinds of people in the world: greasers and socs. A soc (short for "social") has money, can get away with just about anything, and has an attitude longer than a limousine. A greaser, on the other hand, always lives on the outside and needs to watch his back. Ponyboy is a greaser, and he's always been proud of it, even willing to rumble against a gang of socs for the sake of his fellow greasers--until one terrible night when his friend Johnny kills a soc. The murder gets under Ponyboy's skin, causing his bifurcated world to crumble and teaching him that pain feels the same whether a soc or a greaser. This classic, written by S. E. Hinton when she was 16 years old, is as profound today as it was when it was first published in 1967- From Goodreads 


Even though I read it in the Seventh grade, it is still up till today one of my absolute favorites. This is the book that started it all for me. If it hadn't been for The Outsiders, I wouldn't have figured out how amazing it is to read. I wasn't much of a reader before but after this book, Its my favorite thing to do! 

Everything about this book captivated me. The Characters, the writing style, the plot. Everything. It made me excited to go to English class because I knew we'd be reading and talking about the The Outsiders. Like I said, this is my absolute favorite and will continue to be my favorite for many years to come!

Rating : 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)