Sunday, June 26, 2011

Review: Beautiful Creatures


Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever. 

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them. 

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything. 
- from Goodreads


Sadly, I'd like to say that I liked this book, but the truth is I didn't. I'd heard so much hype about it and had read many positive reviews on how incredible it was that my expectations became extremely high. I tried finding what everyone else saw in it but just couldn't see it. This book was just to long and to slow.

I also didn't feel like I connected with any of the characters. Ethan was alright, but he didn't sound like a 16 year old boy. I felt that he sounded way to mature to be 16. I also didn't get his connection with Lena. I didn't feel myself wanting them to be together, I really could have cared less if they stayed together or not.

To finish up, I just didn't connect with the book or its characters. I don't think I'll read the second ore third book in this series anytime soon, but perhaps one day in the distant future I'll give this series a second try.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)