Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review : Marley and Me

 
The heartwarming and unforgettable story of a family in the making and the wondrously neurotic dog who taught them what really matters in life. - Goodreads
With this book, I had watched the movie first and then decided to read the book. I loved the movie and I really enjoyed the book. Being completely honest, the book was a little slow in some parts but there were other parts that had me completely entertained. There were parts in which I would laugh out loud because they were so funny. Marley really tested his owners, John and Jenny, but they loved him no matter what.
If you own a dog, then you really need to read this book. It brought back so many memories of my dog and me. My dog is still fairly young, but I feel a little bit more prepared for when his time comes. I know a lot of people who don't want to read this book because it'll make them cry towards the end, but I loved it even if it did make me cry. This book isn't just about a dog and it dying later, its about life and starting a family and the journey that you go on as you start getting older.
A big message that I found in the book was that if you can look at the crap going on in your life and find all the comedy and irony in it and be able to laugh about it, then you'll be just fine. Another thing that the book made me realize was how dogs are probably the most sincerest love you will ever find in your life. A dog can't hide feelings from you, if they love you then they show it. They don't envy you or hold grudges against you. If you show them love then they'll show you love back. They're so simple, theirs nothing complicated about them. And its amazing how an animal can do that, and yet we humans, who are suppose to be so much smarter, can't.
Rating : 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)