Monday, August 21, 2017

Review: Siege and Storm



Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bone, #2)
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo

Hardcover, 435 pages

Published June 4th 2013 by Henry Holt and Company



Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm. 

Oh lord, I don't know how to properly write this review. Basically, just prepare for a mess!


Plot: The pace of this book starts out really fast! I honestly thought that we'd have to wait a bit for some action but we were thrown into it pretty quickly! However, the middle is a bit slow. I enjoyed it cause I just love being in the grisha world so I'd take anything really! I honestly enjoyed this book so much! I, once again, didn't see any of the plot twists coming and I just loved that!

Characters: We had a couple new characters introduced in this book and I really enjoyed them! I knew we were gonna be introduced to Nikolai in this one and I can now understand why everyone loves him! He really grew on me and I loved his epic one liners! I especially loved it when he would piss off Mal! I lived for those moments!  And I really liked that some of the characters from the first book came more into there own in this one, like Zoya and David! And I enjoyed Alina's struggle with power. She had some pretty bad ass moments and mass respect to her for them!




At its best:  The Darkling came back a bigger bad ass than before and I still swooned! He's still my favorite part of this trilogy! Nothing beats him! I really wish there had been more of him this book! I missed him...

At its worst: The only problem I had with this book was all the Alina/Mal drama. If I didn't hate Mal before, he sure took care of that in this book! He was so whiny and selfish! And the way he would bring Alina down drove me insane! It was bad enough that I even started hating Alina because of him! Really though, there were moments when I rolled my eyes so hard I went dizzy! They were an absolute menace!


Read again: Oh hell yeah

Continue series: Series=Done

Final thoughts: My heart could not handle this book! I think I actually shed tears at the end from the adrenaline! I was that shook! Seriously, that ending is what makes the whole book! After reading this one, I knew that the next and final book was gonna destroy me! I can't stop obsessing! I just can't!

Rating:5/5 Stars!