Thursday, October 5, 2017

September Wrap Up 2017

Hello! I'm actually putting up my September wrap up on time (unlike my August one..). So September was actually an awesome reading month! I read a total of 6 books! I usually average about 4 and even that it pretty good for me! Anyway, the books read this month are...

(all links lead back to Goodreads)


The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
This book was so good! I honestly don't know why I avoided it for so long! I love Maggie's writing and her Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy is one of my favorites of all time! But I'm kinda glad I read this book now instead of when it first came out cause now I get to marathon read the series this month and don't have to wait for any of the books to come out! But seriously, this book is so good! Its a very character driven book, so if you're not into that then maybe you wont like this book. I usually need a good mix of plot and characters to really enjoy a book but the characters are so well written in this one that I didn't even really care for the plot as much as I usually do! Also, its quite spooky! I think its a perfect October book! I intend to read the whole series this month!
4.5 stars!






Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)





Cruel Beauty by Rosemund Hodge
I went in to this book really expecting to like it and sadly I didn't really care for it as much as I hoped! It wasn't awful or anything but it just was missing what I wanted. I had some issues with the main character to start with. And there was a little bit of insta-love too, so that's no good. I did really like the ending though! I didn't expect it at all and was pleasantly surprised!
3 stars!









A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Now this one was a big dissapontment... Maybe I shouldn't have gone into it with such high expectations. That was my fault. But I had just heard so many great things about this book! Every one on booktube raves about it! Everything I was told to expect just didn't happen! The characters were bland. I hated Lila Bard. The Villains were lackluster. The world was somewhat interesting, I guess. Oh, and everything I guessed would happen in the second book did ( I haven't read the second book but I spoiled it for myself because I have no intention to read it). This just wasn't what I had hoped it would be. Its by no means terrible. the writing is good and the plot was intriguing enough for me to keep reading. Just not for me.  I might do a review on this one so that I can properly explain.
2.5 stars





The Rebel of Clan Kincaid (Highland Warrior #2)




The Rebel Of Clan Kincaid by Lily Blackwood
This is a sequel to Lily's first book The Beast of Clan Kincaid, which I loved, and this one was honestly just as swoon worthy! The romance is just as good as in the first one. If you're looking for a good historical romance book full of forbidden love, lust,and happy endings, then this ones really good!
4 stars.








One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)




One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
This book... was everything I needed it to be! I had waited a year for this one to come out! I had very high expectations with how good the first one was, and it did not disappoint! The book dives right in the plot this time around and it does not stop till the very last page! I need the next book... now! I'm gonna have to do a full review on this one cause I have way too many things to say about it and I don't want this post to be mega long!
5 Stars!






The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous MagicThe Language Of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
I don't even really know how to put all my feelings into words... Leigh Bardugo is just sooo good! I adore her writing and I adore the messages she puts into every single one of her stories! This book is made up of six short stories and every single one reads like a dark, twisted fairytale. Every single story is beautifully written and has such wonderful turns and twist that you just don't see coming! Its beautiful, really! I highly recommend it to everyone! P.S. My favorite character makes a cameo and it made the rest of my year...
5+ stars!!!








So that's my wrap up! I started out good and ended the month with two 5 star books so I'm pretty happy! How was your reading last month? Did we read any of the same books?