Monday, September 4, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday





Hello! I'm back this week for TTT! I missed last week's but am ready for this one! Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish and you can check out there blog for upcoming topics! This weeks topic is Books that you had a hard time getting into! I'm gonna cut my list in have and first list the ones I ended up not liking and the other half as the ones I ended up loving!


Did not like. 


City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)



1. City Of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. It took me forever to get into this book and I actually don't even remember if I ended up finishing it... I remember some of what happens but most of it is a blur.









Looking for Alaska



2. Looking for Alaska by John Green.
It took me about two months to finally get through this book! And at the end, I was left so unsatisfied and just disappointed!









Eleanor & Park3. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.
Another one that took me over two months to finish! It was so slow and underwhelming!









Tell Me Lies


4. Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Cruise. 
I loved the first book I read by her but this one was incredibly boring and the main character started making bad choices that I just couldn't understand! I actually ended up DNFing it!








We Were Liars


5. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.
I wrote a review on this one here... I cant even remember how long it took me push through this one. I just remember it being a long time...









Ended Up Loving


Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)



6. Raised By Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
I  adore this series but the first book was a little hard to get into! 










The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)7. The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater.
I actually just finished this book and I loved it! However when I first started it, I did have a little trouble wanting to read it! I might have been in a book slump though!








The Beast Is an Animal



8. The Beast Is An Animal by Peternelle Van Arsdale.
This book in general is kind of slow and didn't have much action to it so that might have been why it took me so long to get into but I ended up loving it in the end!








Wintersong (Wintersong, #1)


9. Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones.
Another book that had a slow pace but again, by the time I finished it, I loved it!









Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)


10. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
Believe it or not, I struggled a bit when I first began reading this beauty! It might have been that I was hesistant to start it in the first place because of my love for The Grisha Trilogy! It took me a little longer than I expected but oh boy, did I love it when it was done!








And that's my list! What are some books that gave you all a hard time!?