Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: Graceling By Kristin Cashore

Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight—she’s a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king’s thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. She never expects to become Po’s friend. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace—or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.

With elegant, evocative prose and a cast of unforgettable characters, debut author Kristin Cashore creates a mesmerizing world, a death-defying adventure, and a heart-racing romance that will consume you, hold you captive, and leave you wanting more.




What an adventure Graceling was! I can't think of a moment in which I was not anticipating what was gonna happen next in the story. Cashore wrote an action filled novel with just the right amount of romance to make the story magnificent and intriguing.

The Plot was great and I really enjoyed it. It captured my attention very well. I also loved that it was based in medieval times. That just added more interest to the story. A lot of people said that this book reminded them of The Hunger Games but honestly, I don't really see the comparison to it. The only thing I found familiar was Katsa and Katniss, and only because they're both such strong female characters. They kind of reminded me of one another.

The characters were very well written and developed. Katsa was strong, independent, smart, and brave. I found Po very charming and I liked that he wasn't ashamed of being beaten by a girl. I found their romance in the book absolutely adorable, I could not get enough of it. If I had to pick a favorite character though, it would have to be Bitterblue. I found her to be so adorable and smart. I cannot wait to read her book next year!

Overall, it was a great book. I recommend it to anyone who like medieval times and who enjoy fantasy. I Can't wait to read Fire and Bitterblue next!

Rating: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)