Friday, December 2, 2011

Follow Fridays!

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don’t like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!

A:  I didn't have any pet peeves before, but recently I think I've discovered one. I've seen this happen in many books. Many. When the male protagonist is described for the first time in a story, a story in which the main character is usually a young girl, the words beautiful, gorgeous, or incredibly handsome are always used. And I always have to roll my eyes at it.

I've noticed that YA has mostly done a good job with relating to girls. In most stories the girl is always plain and has a low self esteem and then some incredible hot guy always falls in love with her. Sure we girls don't mind those types of books but what about guys. Can you imagine a boy reading a book like that and just thinking, "Well no wonder girls don't like me. I'm not beautiful and gloomy." How would we like it if in every story we read, the female was always described as hot, sexy and absolutely out- of - this world gorgeous? Yeah I don't think we'd like it to much.

Don't get me wrong, I love YA but I've had a couple guy friends tell me this and I could see what they were talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)