Wednesday, January 10, 2018

2017 Wrap Up Part 2

Hello! So this is the second part to my last post! Last post was about most disappointing and most surprising books of 2017! This post is the best and , of course, the worst books I read in 2017!

The Worst
Lets start with the negative first... because that's how you start things off... and actually I only have

Tell Me Lies




1. Tell me lies - Jennifer Cruise
I actually dnf'd this book because it was just awful. The story started out as a mess and from the reviews that I've seen it only got worse.





Trial by Fire (Worldwalker, #1)





2. Trail by Fire - Josephine Angelini
Just ... not good. At all.





The Hating Game

3. The Hating Game - Sally Thorne
Ugh. I absolutely hated this book. It was the worst! The Main character was a 28 year old women who acted like a teenager and the romance was basically just lust, not love. Oh and for a book called the "hating" game there sure wasn't much hating. And the love interest was an asshole with a sob story and I hated him. I have so many more things I could go on about but I won't. Maybe I'll make a separate hate post about it... It was just awful and I seriously can't understand the hype or the high rating it has on goodreads.




The Best
These were my absolute favorite books in 2017 and the books I actually gave 5 stars to. Also they became new favorites of  mine!

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)





1. Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo
I loved Six of Crows but Crooked Kingdom absolutely blew me away. My love for these characters was cemented in this second book.




Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1)





2. Shadow and Bone - Leigh bardugo
I fell in love with the Grishaverse and this book started it all.





Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1)





3. The Language of Thorns - Leigh Bardugo
Yes there is three Leigh Bardugo books on this list and this book finalized her as my absolute favorite author. Its official.




The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)





4. The Dream Thieves and The Raven King - Maggie Stiefvater
I fell in love with The Raven Cycle but these two books were my favorite by far. They had such a beautiful cinematic feel to them and they moved me the most!



The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender





5. The Strange and beautiful sorrows of Ava Lavender - Leslye Walton
Such a beautiful book. I cant stop recommending it!





Hunted





6. Hunted - Megan Spooner
My first 5 star read of 2017 and still cant stop thinking about it!





The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3)





7. The Midnight Star - Marie Lu
This was the most beautiful ending to a trilogy and I cried my eyes out. I loved, loved, loved it.





So that's it! So what were some of your best and worst books of 2017? Did we have any of the same?