Thursday, May 4, 2017

Review: Hunted by Meagan Spooner

Hunted  Beauty knows the Beast’s forest in her bones—and in her blood. Though she grew up with the city’s highest aristocrats, far from her father’s old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who’s ever come close to discovering them.

So when her father loses his fortune and moves
Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there’s no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva’s father’s misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he’d been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance.

Deaf to her sisters’ protests,
Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory—a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva’s only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast?


First off, the cover is the first thing that caught my attention. Its so pretty! And then when I read what it was about and saw that it was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, I was sold! And it didn't  disappoint! I loved it! It was so enchanting and captivating! I read it in 2 days and I haven't read a book that fast in years!

I loved everything about this book! The characters were great! I loved Yeva and her strong willed personality. She was a strong female character that didn't feel to stereotypical or overly done! The way the original story was changed in the book was well done and it didn't feel as predictable as I expected it to be. I had read that some readers thought the book was slow paced and that it lacked action. However I enjoyed the pace of the book and thought the story flowed smoothly with out the need of action or nerve wrecking suspense. Honestly, it was perfect!

Now... lets talk about the Beast. I'm gonna start of by saying right away that I'm trash for the Beast. Always have been, always will be! There was no exception here! I loved him. I cried for him! I lived for the moments where we got to see glimpses of who his personality. I just ... I just loved him!

Overall, this book was amazing and I absolutely loved, loved, loved it! I cried multiple times through out this book and that's usually a good sign for me! Its officially on my favorites list! I cant wait to see what else Meagan Spooner comes out with and I hope its along the lines of this! If you haven't read it and love Beauty and the Beast, definitely do so!

Rating: 10\10