Monday, June 25, 2012

Book Review: Eve

Title: Eve
Author: Anna Carey
Published: 8/1/2011
Series: Eve #1
Publisher: Harper Collins  


The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.



Eve was pretty enjoyable. I didn't like everything about Eve but I think there are enough things that balance out so that I can't say I disliked it. 

Let me just start off with the things I did like. Carey did an amazing job describing the settings of the book. I could picture every single place she described perfectly. From the school to the dugout to abandoned neighborhoods. I also loved the minor characters! My favorite being Arden! I could not get enough of her smart, rebellious ways!

I think the main thing I disliked in the whole book was the main character Eve. I know that she's suppose to be naive and all but I just couldn't get myself to tolerate all the trouble she causes. I drew a line when innocent people started getting hurt because of her selfish acts.  After that I didn't really care what happened to her.

Either way, Eve is still a good book. I think those who really enjoy Distopian books will really like this one as well.


Rating: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment, so Thank You so much!
I am going to try my best to respond back to everyone who comments.

Once again Thank You :)